About Tracy Todd
Tracy started the Brief Therapy Institute of Denver, Inc. in 1991. He received his doctorate from Iowa State University in Marriage and Family Therapy. He also holds a Master’s degree from Texas Tech University in Family Relations. He is a licensed marriage and family therapist in the state of Colorado and is a clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy-AAMFT.
Tracy’s practice and the Brief Therapy Institute of Denver, Inc. received international recognition in 1997 when the Family Therapy Networker interviewed and wrote a story on his practice. Tracy has been interviewed by:
||Wall Street Journal (paper)
|Family Therapy Networker
||First for Women
Real Estate Journal-Online Division
of the Wall Street Journal
Dr. Todd has received the following awards:
- 2000 Practice Award, given by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. A national award for innovation and practice development.
- 1997, Innovation Award, given by Behavioral Health Centura Link. A national award for innovation.
- 1996, Best Practice Award, given by consortium of managed care organizations. A local award.
- 1993, Outstanding Service Award, given by Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- 1992, Outstanding Counselor Award, determined by peers at EAP, Inc
Tracy is a member of numerous quality assurance committees at local and national levels reviewing standards for psychotherapy services. For nearly 10 years, Tracy was a faculty member at the University of Colorado at Denver, Graduate Program in Marriage and Family Counseling.